Best Selling Sneakers 2012
The #1 sneaker of 2012 was to be expected but I was surprised that #2 beat out #3. Also, for those of you that think Jordan doesn’t make a large inventory of your favorite Jordan retros in order to juice demand, check out #5 and #6. And trust me, to get on this list, each style has to sell hundreds of thousands of pairs.
Check out the full list after the jump:
- Nike Air Force 1 Low White
- Nike Free Run+ 3
- Nike Air Monarch IV
- Nike Dual Fusion Trainer
- Nike Jordan Retro XI Bred
- Nike Jordan Retro IV Playoffs
- Nike Air Force 1 Mid White
- Nike Comfort Slide 2
- Nike Women’s Dual Fusion ST 2
- Nike Dart 9
And in case you were wondering: of the top 250 styles, Nike had 119, Jordan had 43, Adidas 19, Asics 13, and Converse 12..
And here’s some other interesting tidbits from the year 2012:
- The average price of a pair of basketball shoes was $88.
- Nike Inc. (including Jordan and Nike Basketball) has a 92% share of the basketball shoe market. (92% of almost $4 billion!)
- Internet sales of athletic footwear are 10% of all athletic shoes sold.
Think about that, about 1 in every 10 pairs of athletic shoes are sold via the internet. I don’t think anyone would have predicted that 10 years ago.
I know some of you are wondering what some of these sneakers even look like since they’re not regularly shown on the sneaker blogs. So here’s the entire top 10 in pictures. How many do you own?
Nike Air Force 1 Low White
Nike Free Run+ 3
Nike Air Monarch IV
Nike Dual Fusion Trainer
Jordan XI Retro Bred
Jordan IV Retro Playoffs
Nike Air Force 1 Mid White
Nike Comfort Slide 2
Nike Women’s Dual Fusion ST 2
Nike Dart 9